COVID-19 Rapid Response Infrastructure RFP
Mosaic’s mission is to amplify the power of the environmental field—the people and organizations who devote their efforts in pursuit of environmental protection and healthy & just communities—by bolstering the critical infrastructure all movements need to succeed. This unprecedented moment punctuates the necessity for strong movement infrastructure to weather, reinforce, and allow for critical work to persist through extraordinary times.
To respond to the urgent need to reinforce tools and resources to remain effective in the near-term—while also building greater long-term results—in mid-March we surveyed environmental and environmental justice organizations regarding emergent infrastructure needs during this unprecedented time. We heard from all corners that the greatest needs right now include the following three areas, in order of importance:
- TOOLS & TECHNOLOGY for remote work & communications
- Stable in-home Wi-fi connection
- Hardware (laptops & webcams) & software (video conference software & distributed work platforms)
- TRAINING for effective remote work, advocacy & connection
- Training & best practices for remote facilitation & engagement, particularly large gatherings and remote work tools
- Training for transitioning to digital organizing
- RESOURCES for adaptive organizational operations & planning
- Access to shared field-wide and/or specialized resources relevant to an organization’s operations (i.e. legal, admin, financial, HR, network or association memberships, academic journals)
These emergent needs—tools, training, and resources to transition to effective remote work and communications—fall within Mosaic’s areas of strategic focus (see at left).
Therefore, Mosaic is launching an open RFP in May 2020 to make $1 million of rapid response grants to individual nonprofit grassroots organizations, and networks of them, focused primarily on environmental protection and/or environmental justice to fund tools & technology, training, and related resources needed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Who is eligible to apply?
U.S. - based, 501(c)(3) public charities who are impacted by COVID-19 and are either:
- Individual nonprofit grassroots organizations whose main purpose is environmental protection and/or environmental justice with an annual budget below $500,000 and accountable to local constituents.
- Networks that support grassroots organizations whose main purpose is environmental protection and/or environmental justice, have a distinct membership that affirmatively joins the network, and is member-led and member-driven.
What types of grants are available?
Mosaic will make two types of grants:
- Direct support to eligible organizations: up to $10,000 for tools & technology, training, and resources to transition to effective remote work and communications as a result of COVID-19.
- Support to eligible networks: $10,000-$50,000 for tools & technology, training, and resources for network members to transition to effective remote work and communications as a result of COVID-19. The purpose of the network support grant is to re-grant and/or directly provide infrastructure requested by network membership that aligns with the three areas of focus, including tools & technology, training, and resources for adaptation.
In our efforts to support as many organizations and networks as possible during this unprecedented time, we will make every effort to fully fund as many proposals from eligible applicants as possible. However, with limited funds and high demand, we may be only able to fund or partially fund a select number of proposals from eligible applicants. We anticipate that a majority of the funding will be directed towards direct support grants to eligible organizations.
Application Process and Deadlines
The application period for Mosaic’s COVID-19 Rapid Response Infrastructure RFP has closed as of July 3rd, 2020. Final grant selections will be announced by early August.
For any questions or concerns, please contact our team at email@example.com.
Si desea que este formulario se traduzca al español, comuníquese a firstname.lastname@example.org. ¡Gracias!